Rainbow High is a line of fashion dolls released by American toy company MGA Entertainment in 2020. The line revolves around an elite high school for visual arts, featuring students that represent colors of the rainbow. The line is a spin-off from MGA’s Poopsie Slime Surprise brand.
With the popularity of the Rainbow High Dolls Line MGA released the Rainbow High Cheer Dolls on January 1st, 2021.
Cheerleader Squad, or simply Cheer, is the second Rainbow High doll line, featuring the main Series 1 dolls in cheerleader attire.
In this post I will be reviewing the new Rainbow High Cheer Dolls.
Who are Rainbow High Cheer Dolls For?
The manufacturer recommended age is for children ages five to 13 years old. This doll does come with small parts such as the shoes and pom poms which can be taken off the doll and potentially swallowed. These dolls have a small part choking hazard warning for those three years of age or younger.
Physical Characteristics of the Rainbow High Cheer Dolls
These dolls are 12 inches in height, which makes them 1/2 inch taller than a Barbie doll.
Their joints are fully articulated and poseable for executing all those glamour cheerleading moves.
Each dolls hair matches their cheer outfits in colors.
These dolls skin has a more of a matte finish versus the series 1 dolls which had a noticeable glow to their facial features.
Sunny Madison got a cheerleading makeover in a gorgeous yellow cheerleader outfit that reflects her bright, happy style. She has gorgeous features, long eyelashes and beautiful, brushable hair in cute pigtails. Her hair also features doll accessories like bows and barrettes. She’s fully articulated and posable. Her arms and legs bend, so she can strike tons of glamorous cheer poses. Sunny also comes with pom poms, so she can cheer on other Rainbow High dolls in style. Also includes hair comb.
Pros of the Rainbow High Cheer Dolls
- The Cheer series dolls holds true to the original series 1 dolls looks. You can easily recognize each of the six characters
- With the removal of the glowy skin they are better captured on camera and in pictures if you are a doll collector or blogger
- She can fit the “curvy” Barbie Fashionista clothing line if you want more of a variety of outfits for them
Cons of the Rainbow High Cheer Dolls
- The Cheer dolls do not come with a doll stand like the Series 1 dolls
- Their hair is very long and comes with a lot of hair gel which makes the hair hard to the touch. They recommend washing the dolls hair right out of the packaging. But once washed the doll hair tends to become more frizzy
- Only one outfit is included with the purchase of the Cheer doll which is the one they are wearing. No additional outfits are included with purchase
Where Can You Buy Them?
They are currently available for sale at Walmart, Amazon and Target.
What are the 6 Rainbow High Cheer Dolls names?
Ruby Anderson, Poppy Rowan, Sunny Madison, Jade Hunter, Skyler Bradshaw & Violet Willow.